Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Invasion by Jon S. Lewis ~ 5 stars

Invasion
Jon S. Lewis
C.H.A.O.S. series #1
Thomas Nelson
About the book:
Colt McAllister is drawn into a war against things he thought only existed in comic books.

After a car wreck takes the lives of his parents, Colt moves to Arizona to stay with his grandfather. There, an informant tells him that his parents were actually murdered because his mom, a journalist, was getting ready to write a story exposing Trident Industries.

Along with Oz and Danielle, his new comrades at Chandler High, Colt vows to uncover the truth. But the more they learn, the more bizarre reality becomes. Mind control, jet packs, and flying motorcycles only scratch the surface of what they discover.

Colt is recruited by a secret organization called the Central Headquarters Against the Occult and Supernatural. But the battle isn't just against an out-of-control giant corporation. A gateway to another world is opening, and the invasion has already begun.

My review:
I was pleasantly surprised with this book! It is definitely not my typical read, so I wasn’t sure what I would think, but I really enjoyed it! It was fast-paced, adventurous, and I can’t wait for the next book in the series to come out. (Though, the fact that it’s going to be a whole YEAR before the next book comes out is kind of frustrating.) I was a little surprised at the basically non-existent faith factor in the book. I mean, it doesn’t promote secular ideals, but it doesn’t have a God-element, either. It wasn’t a big deal for me, but it might be for other people. All in all, this is a fun, interesting read, and I believe that it will go over well with fans of this genre.

Thanks to BookSneeze for my free review copy of this book.

7 comments:

EJ said...

This isn't usually the type of book I read, but it sounds interesting to me because I'm from AZ and have a good friend that teaches at Chandler High (that school really exists!).

E. Jordan
rejordan79@msn.com

Edna said...

I read your review and I had the chance to review it also but I didn't know if I would like it, you did a great job in reviewing it


mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

apple blossom said...

my teen daughter loves adventures I think she would like this book thanks

ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Fun factoid here... Jon Lewis (the author of this book) is the husband of one of my former employees. When I was working at a Christian agency in Phoenix his wife Kelly was working for me and was pregnant for their first child. They now have three kids. When I knew her I remember her saying something about her husband being creative. Sounds like he is a good author, too. I wasn't writing at the time so I didn't pursue the conversation further, but I love his wife Kelly. She's a great gal and was a great employee when we worked together.

karenk said...

a great review...i'm interested in reading this novel :P)

karenk
kmkuka at yahoo dot com

Carman said...

EJ~ Oh cool! I didn't know that! I hope you get to read it then. :)

Edna~ Thanks!

Apple Blossom~ I hope she gets to read it and that she enjoys it! :)

Carman said...

Michelle~ That is so funny! it's such a small world! LOL Thanks for sharing that! :)

Karenk~ Thank you. I hope you get a chance to!