Wednesday, June 16, 2010

To Darkness Fled by Jill Williamson ~ 5 stars + Favorite!

To Darkness Fled
Jill Williamson
Blood of Kings series #2
Marcher Lord Press
About the book:
They have no choice. Chased by an evil prince, Achan, Vrell, and the Kingsguard knights flee into Darkness. They head north, for Tsaftown and Ice Island, where they must free an army that can help them fight for Er’Rets.

Darkness sickens Vrell. How long can she keep her secret without being caught? Achan already suspects her of lying. If she is not careful, he will suspect her of treason as well. She hopes he will let his suspicions go until they reach her home.

Achan wanted freedom, but this new journey has bound him more than ever. Sir Gavin’s claims are so far fetched. First, that there might only be one God, and second, that this God chose Achan to push back Darkness, the magnificent curse of Er’Rets. Him. Achan. Barely a man himself.

Each setback Darkness brings seems minor compared to the one choice only Achan can make. What will he choose?

My review:
This is one of those books that leaves me nearly speechless, I loved it so much. Jill Williamson is a truly gifted writer. She has the ability to write a story that completely captivates you. She weaves her story lines brilliantly. It is so masterfully done that you never know what is going to happen next, but you can’t wait to find out what it is! I believe that Jill is one of my top 5 favorite authors of all time. In my opinion, this book (and the one that precedes it) should be moved to the top of your to-be-read list.

8 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become a follower as well.

Carman said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad to hear that people are still "finding" my blog! It's great to get new readers. :)

I'll go check it out right now. :)

Bluerose said...

After reading this review, I have been looking for these books. I love fantasy, science fiction, etc, but it seems the ones I get my hands on are full of profanity and other material I don't want to read about. This review made me realize there's plenty of science fiction Christian books. They may be a little harder to find, but I've foiund several to put on my want list. Great review!!

apple blossom said...

speechless books are good too. Love SCI FI this sounds so good

Carman said...

bluerose~ Thanks for the comment. I know what you mean. I love this genre, but it is usually filled with junk that I don't want to read. If you haven't already, check out Marcher Lord Press. They are a company that only published Christian spec fiction. They have great stuff! (This is one of their books.)

Apple blossom~ I would completely recommend that you read this asap. You'll love it. :D

Katie said...

I've already read this book, and I ADORED it! Jill Williamson is already on my favorite authors list after only two books! :)

God bless!

~Katie G.

Edna said...

this review leave me with "I want to read it"



mamat2730 at charter dot net

Carman said...

Katie~ I totally agree! If you haven't already, you should check out her newsletter. It has all kinds of cool things about the books and her writing. :)

Edna~ I'm so glad! You really should. It's a great book and so is the first one. :)