Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl ~ 5 stars

Heartless
Anne Elisabeth Stengl
Tales of Goldstone Wood series #1
Bethany House Publishing
About the book:
The Dragon King Seeks His Princess--Who Dares to Stop Him?

Princess Una of Parumvir has come of age and will soon marry. She dreams of a charming prince, but when her first suitor arrives, he's not what she'd hoped. Prince Aethelbald of mysterious Farthestshore has travelled a great distance to prove his love--and also to bring hushed warnings of danger. A dragon is rumored to be on the hunt and blazing a path of terror.

Una, smitten instead with a more dashing prince, refuses Aethelbald's offer--and ignores his cautions with dire consequences. Soon the Dragon King himself is in Parumvir and Una, in giving her heart away unwisely, finds herself in his sights. Only those courageous enough to risk everything have a hope of fighting off this advancing evil.

My review:
Heartless is a beautiful allegory about our choices and how they affect us, and those around us. It is also a touching story about Jesus’ redeeming love for each of us. This is definitely a book unto itself. I’ve never read anything quite like it in the fantasy genre or any other for that matter. Very original, and unique! Anne’s writing style is great, with lots of richness to it that will draw you into the story. I loved this book and I would recommend it to all ages!

11 comments:

Bluerose said...

I love that you have books I've never heard of! This one sounds interesting. I'll definitely put it on my want list. :)

~Prism~ said...

How cool! I've been wanting to read this book for some time now- it sounds so good! :)

Blessings,
~Prism~

Unknown said...

Your review makes this book so fascinating and increases my appetite for reading it. I like very much that it touches the reader with God's redeeming love. Enjoyed your review.

Blessing Be in Christ,
Barb Shelton
barbjan10 at tx dot rr dot com

Carman said...

bluerose~ Thanks! I'm glad to hear that I'm helping get the word out about books that people haven't heard of. :) Awesome! Thanks for commenting. :)

prism~ You should check out my giveaway. :)I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Barb~ I am so glad to hear that! Thank you. :) I hope you get to read the book soon. :)

karenk said...

a great review/posting...looking forward to reading this fabulous novel :)

karenk
kmkuka at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Now I really want to read this book after I've read your review.

Thanks

Nora :D
TBCN

norafindinghope (at) gmail.com

Carman said...

karenk~ I hope you get to read it soon! Thanks for commenting.

Nora~ That's exactly what I love to hear! I hope that in some small way my reviews help people to find good books that they will love. Thanks for commenting. :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

sounds very original! this book has been on my to read list for awhile now!

Carman said...

Carrie~ It is! I hope you get to read it soon!

Edna said...

the cover on this book is beautiful this is another new author to me but you did a great job on the interview


mamat2730(AT)charter(dot)net

Carman said...

Edna~ I agree! The cover is gorgeous. :D Thanks!