Monday, July 26, 2010

So Over It by Stephanie Morrill ~ 5 stars + Favorite

So Over It
Stephanie Morrill
The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt series #3
Revell Publishing
About the book:
How can Skylar stay true to herself without losing the ones she loves most?

Senior year is over and Skylar Hoyt is ready to forgive and forget. Or at least forget. She wants a fresh start where people don't know about her past or her dysfunctional family. A place where she won't run into her ex-boyfriend every time she leaves the house. When she gets the opportunity to spend the summer in Hawaii with her grandparents, Skylar jumps at the chance to get out of town. But will she truly be able to leave her old life behind? And will she be strong enough to rise above the gossip and live the life God wants?

My review:
Again, I’m in love with Stephanie’s books and writing. Every time I read one of her books, it hits me again how relevant it is. While being enjoyable to read, her books also deal with real issues. I love the way she resolves things in the end. Skylar, Abbie, Connor, Jodi, Eli, and all the other characters. I loved the way things ended with them. (However, I think that if Stephanie doesn’t write any more books about Skylar, then she should definitely write some more about Abbie. She is someone that I really became fond of and I would certainly read a book that was dedicated to her continued story.) This may be a short, enjoyable read, but it will definitely give you things to think about in your own life. Loved it!

Available July 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

17 comments:

apple blossom said...

Thanks for your review. I think my teenage daughter would like this book.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I'm so excited to get and read this book!!
thanks for the review!

Carman said...

apple blossom~ Thanks for reading my review. :) I'm sure she would! This is a great series for all ages. <3

lynnrush~ Hey! lol I *just* left a comment at YOUR site. haha! You should be! It's so good. Move it to the top of your TBR when you get it. ;) Thanks for reading & commenting!

Kristina said...

Great review :) I'd love reading this book -- it's now in my tbr pile. xD I wish I could have the same chance Skylar did when she got to go to Hawaii. How awesome would that be?!

Carman said...

Kristina~ Thanks! I'm sure you will enjoy it. :) That would be so much fun. Some friends of mine have gone there before. Apparently it's wonderful.

Roseanna White said...

This one was my favorite of the series. Hawaii--blissful sigh!

Carman said...

Roseanna~ I'm not sure which is my favorite... I can't decide! Simply wonderful. Yes! I want to go there one day. :)

Michelle said...

I'm not familiar with this series, but it sounds good. I enjoyed your review!

Thank you,
Michelle
scraphappy71 at sbcglobal dot net

Carman said...

Michelle~ It IS good. :) Thanks!

Anne Payne said...

It's nice to know there is some good, clean fiction out there for teenage girls today. I will be sure and pass along this author's name, and recommend this blog to my nieces. Thanks for taking the time to do these reviews!

Anne Payne said...

I forgot to leave my email address for the contest :)

homesteading@charter.net

Sylvia M. said...

I've never read anything by this author, but I always enjoyed reading teen books when I was younger. There are some teen books that I still like to re-read even though I'm an adult now. They give girls and boys good examples, lessons to learn, and keeps them out of trouble in real life. They are reading instead of getting into things they shouldn't.

Unknown said...

Your review definitely prompted my interest in this book, especially for my teen granddaughters and their friends; as well as a great book for our church library. I'm an avid reader, and I hope that will be a good example for others in my family to enjoy reading also. Hopefully, they will take note of the kind of books I read and will follow likewise.

Grace & Joy in Christ,
Barb Shelton
barbjan10(at)tx(dot)rr(dot)com

Carman said...

Anne~ I am too! It's such a blessing to read great fiction. :) And, if you want, you can have them look me up on Shelfari and I can recommend other books to them, also. :)

Carman said...

Sylvia~ I agree with you 100%. The best way to learn is from other people's mistakes, that way you don't get into all that stuff yourself. Reading is a great way to learn cause-effect type things in life. I hope that you get to read this series some time. I'm sure you would enjoy it. :)

Carman said...

Barb~ Yay! I'm so glad. :) I'm sure it would be a great book for those things you mentioned. I hope that too. I want to be an example for what TO do rather than an example of what NOT to do. ;)

cheryl c said...

Cute cover! Sounds like a great young adult story.