Monday, March 29, 2010

Scattered Petals by Amanda Cabot ~ 4 stars

Scattered Petals
Amanda Cabot
Texas Dreams series #2
Revell- Publisher
About the book:
Longing for adventure, Priscilla Morton leaves Boston in 1856 and heads for the Texas Hill Country, never dreaming that the adventure she seeks could have heartbreaking consequences. Although attracted to her, ranch foreman Zachary Webster knows Priscilla deserves a cultured East Coast gentleman, not a cowboy who's haunted by memories of his mistakes.

When necessity draws them together, Priscilla and Zach begin to forge a life filled with promise. But then the past intrudes.

My review:
I was a little disappointed with this book. The writing was just okay in my opinion and I never really felt connected with the characters.

Pricilla went through so many hardships and I did feel awful for her. It just seemed like one terrible thing after another happened and she never got any breaks. Now, there were some parts of this book that I really liked, which is why I gave it four stars. This is an okay read, but it wouldn’t be something that I would readily recommend.

Available March 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments: