Monday, February 1, 2010

Miss Match by Erynn Mangum ~ 5/5 stars + Favorite!

Miss Match
Erynn Mangum
A Lauren Holbrook Novel, #1
NavPress- Publisher
About the book:
Lauren Holbrook has found her life's calling: matchmaking for the romantically challenged. And with the eclectic cast of characters in her world, there's tons of potential to play "connect the friends." Inspired by the recent success of matching her sister and new husband, Lauren sets out to introduce Nick, her carefree singles' pastor, to Ruby, her neurotic coworker who plans every second of every day. What could possibly go wrong? Just about everything. When Lauren's foolproof plan begins to unravel, she learns that a simple introduction between friends can bring about complicated results. And as she reconsiders her new role as Cupid (as well as her vow to stay single forever), will Lauren finally decide that God's plan is always good enough?

My review:
This book is a joy to read. Erynn Mangum’s writing truly captures your attention and keeps it until the very end. I loved the characters in this book. They are crazy and funny while at the same time true-to-life and believable. Lauren is one of the few characters I’ve ever read about that I actually wish was a real person, because I think she would make a wonderful friend.

I can’t say enough good things about this book. I highly recommend this series to people who enjoy reading authors such as Jenny B. Jones, and Mary Connealy. Erynn has the same zany, lovable characters and quick wit that makes these authors so much fun to read.

I love that Miss Match was mainly inspired by Jane Austen’s books, Emma and Pride and Prejudice. I love those books and was very pleased by the similarities while not being the same book in a contemporary setting. This is a definite to-read along with the other books in this series.

Thanks to NavPress for sending me a copy of this book for reviewing.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super fun! have a great week :O)