Monday, February 8, 2010

Anything But Normal by Melody Carlson ~ 4 stars

Anything But Normal
Melody Carlson
Revell Publishing
About the book:
She thought she'd left the summer behind . . .

This year should be the best of Sophie Ramsay's life. She's friends with all the right people, she's a shoo-in for editor of the school newspaper, and she's managed to turn the head of one of the hottest guys in school.

But something's not quite right. Sophie has a secret--one she won't be able to keep under wraps for much longer.

My review:
This is the first book that I have read by Melody Carlson and I enjoyed it. I’ll try to be a little vague since I don’t want to spoil the plot for someone who hasn’t read this book yet. There was a certain guy in this book that I was hoping would come to a sudden and painful end. Well, that didn’t happen, but I wasn’t expecting it to, just hoping. ;) I was a little disappointed with Sophie’s final decision, but I can understand why she would do what she did. I really liked how Sophie changed in the book, and befriended people that she probably wouldn’t have before. Sorry to be so vague, but I don’t want to give anything away! This is a good book and I liked it, but it isn’t quite my cup of tea. I tend to like books that get more in-depth with the characters and are a little longer. It is a good book that I’m sure lots of readers will really like.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read this one. Good read.
tarenn98[at]yahoo[dot]com

emii said...

I love anything by Melody Carlson, so I'll give it a go:)

Have you read the "Christy Miller" series, by Robin Jones Gunn? They sound more like you want -- " I tend to like books that get more in-depth with the characters and are a little longer." Also the Sierra Jensen books, and Katie Welden books, also by Robin. :)

Luv,Emii

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Judylynn said...

Thanks for the review. I think I've been hit-and-miss with Melody Carlson. Some I like, some not so much.

justpeachy36 said...

Great review... I really liked this book a lot. I'll be posting my review tomorrow.

Carman said...

Hey, Emii! Thanks for the suggestion. No, I've never read anything by that author, but I will check them out. :) Thanks!