Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stars Collide by Janice Thompson ~ 4 stars

Stars Collide
Janice Thompson
Backstage Pass series #1
Revell
About the book:
Her future's so bright, she's gotta wear shades

Kat Jennings and Scott Murphy don't just play two people who are secretly in love on a television sitcom--they are actually head over heels for each other in real life. When the lines between reality and TV land blur, they hope they can keep their relationship under wraps. But when Kat's grandmother, an eccentric star from Hollywood's golden age, mistakes their on-screen wedding proposal for the real deal, things begin to spiral out of control. Will their secret be front-page news in the tabloids? And can their budding romance survive the onslaught of paparazzi, wedding preparations, and misinformed family members?

My review:
I just want to say that I probably would have given this book a higher rating, but it took me about two weeks to read it (a crazy-long time for me) because of school, and I hate taking so long to read a book. The book wasn’t slow for me to read, I just had so much going on at the time.

I did love the characters, plot, and style. Janice just has such a sweet writing style! The ending was lovely and I loved how the reader was kept in the dark about the surprise right until the end! That was awesome. I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait to see what the rest of the series is going to be like! (And who the main characters will be…) Once again, Janice has come out with a heart-warming, lesson-teaching, faith-filled, fun-to-read book.

Available January 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

4 comments:

Kate {The Parchment Girl} said...

Sounds like a fun read! I love the palm trees on the cover... especially since it's been so freezing cold lately! ;)

Edna said...

I love to read Janice Thompson's books, have not read this one yet but it sounds good

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

Judy B said...

The cover is very catching! Sounds like something I'd love to read when I want to escape for awhile without having to get over involved! Just kick back and read a great story!

jdbuscher[at]gmail[dot]com

Carman said...

Kate~ It is! Oh, I know! So much snow! :D LOL

Edna~ Me too! I hope you get to read it soon!

Judy~ Oh, like your thoughts! Sounds right to me. :) I hope you get to do that soon!